Alaska Airlines, with headquarters in SeaTac, operates in major American destinations. The airlines ensure that anyone who chooses to travel with Alaska does not regret it. This is why the airline provides the best in-flight and airport services at the most affordable prices. It includes various options for Alaska Airlines seat selection at the time of booking.
This blog talks about How to select seats on Alaska Airlines? We have included every possible information anyone would require if you want to travel in a preferred seat. Read the blog till the end to get a detailed step-by-step guide about the seat selection assignment of Alaska Airlines, online as well as offline.
Table of Contents
- 1 How to select seats on Alaska Airlines?
- 1.1 Alaska Airlines Seat Assignment Policy
- 1.2 Alaska Airlines Seating Option with Fare Types
- 1.3 How much does it cost to Alaska select a seat?
How to select seats on Alaska Airlines?
At the time of Booking Alaska Flight Tickets
The best time to select the seat you want to travel in with Alaska is when you are booking your flight. The more you delay the process, the less chance there is for you to get the seat you wished for. Following are the steps you can follow to select your seat at the time of booking online.
- To select the seat, first, you need to book your Alaska flight.
- Go to the book option on the top left corner of the website.
- Now, enter the necessary information, such as your travel destinations, travel dates, and the number of people you want to book the flight for.
- Now, hit the search flights button, and all the flights available for our journey will appear on your screen.
Go through the details of each flight and choose the one that suits you the best.
- Now, head to the next page. This is where you can purchase the seat of your choice and add baggage to your ticket.
- A seating chart will appear on your screen, choose one from the available seats, and you are good to go.
- Finally, go to the payment page and pay for your purchase.
- Once the payment is processed, the airline will send you a confirmation mail.
At the time of check-in
Another way of selecting a seat if you haven’t at the time of booking is when you check in to your flight bookings online. Go along the steps mentioned below for the same.
- Visit the website of Alaska Airlines and sign in to your account.
- Now, go to the check-in option available on the menu bar of the page.
- Here, enter your destination city name and the preferred ticket information you want to go ahead with.
- Click on the check-in buttons, and a new window will open up. Here, in the options, go to the seat selection.
- The seating chart of the airline with the booked and empty seats marked with different colors will be displayed on the screen.
- Select the seat from the empty ones and go to the payment page.
- The airline will ask you to pay approximately $15 for the seat selection. This may vary upon the seat you selected.
- Once the payment is processed, you will receive your boarding pass. You can take the soft copy to the airport or get it printed.
Seat Selection by Phone Call
When a passenger wants to make seat selections on Alaska Airlines, they can do so using the website. However, if you are having trouble with the process, check the steps below:
- Call Alaska Airlines customer service at their toll-free number. You can search for Alaska contact details of your local region using the website.
- Wait for a customer service agent to answer your call.
- Provide your flight details and personal information to the agent.
- Ask the agent about available seat options and their respective costs.
- Choose your preferred seat and inform the agent.
- Pay for the selected seat, if required.
- Confirm your seat selection with the agent.
- Thank the agent and end the call.
Assign a Seat using the Alaska Mobile app
Alaska Airlines lets passengers use the mobile app to manage bookings and select seats. Follow the steps below to assign yourself a seat using the app:
- Open/launch the Alaska Airlines mobile app on your device.
- Log in to your account using your flight details.
- Select the “My trips” option from the menu.
- Select the trip for which you want to assign a seat.
- Tap on the “Seat” option.
- Choose the seat you want to assign from the available options.
- Confirm your selection and complete the process.
You can also skip Alaska Airlines Seat Selection and go to the airport before the flight’, and the airline will assign you a seat. But this is highly risky as you might get a not-so-good seat and will have to travel in discomfort.
Alaska Airlines Seat Assignment Policy
When you book a flight to travel to your destination, you want to make sure that you are going to travel safely, and comfortably and have all the necessary services available to you. This is why Alaska Airlines offers the benefit of selecting a seat of your choice that you want to travel in to be at your most comfortable self. You can choose a seat at the airline at different times in different modes.
You can make an Alaska Airlines seat assignment at the time of the booking, when you are checking into your flight, or at the airport. Read further to know how to do so and the charges that the airline charges you for this service.
Alaska Airlines Seating Option with Fare Types
Alaska Airlines offers different types of seats, and you are free to select the seat that suits you. We have given all the pricing information below and the services you will get on that fare.
- Premium Class Fares
Alaska Airlines also offers premium fares to allow passengers to get complete comfort and facilities at a lower price. Passengers with economy fares can upgrade the fare class by paying 15 USD. You will get the benefit of 2 free carry-on bags with wider and more spacious seats with recline & footrests.
- First Class Fares
The first-class fares on Alaska Airlines have superior services that will also bring comfort experience, especially on long-haul international flight bookings. There is no cost for passengers with elite membership to upgrade to first-class fares on Alaska Airlines.
How much does it cost to Alaska select a seat?
Alaska Airlines select seats does not cost much. To travel comfortably, you might have to pay an approximate amount of $15. However, the chargers may vary. It depends on your flight, fare type, the seat you select, and some other related factors.
People Asked Questions:-
Q. How are seats assigned on Alaska Airlines?
Alaska Airlines offer free seating option for passengers with basic seats and give upgrades at an additional cost. The cost may vary depending on the type of fare you choose to upgrade.
Q. Why can’t I select seats on Alaska Airlines?
Alaska Airlines restricts passengers with basic economy fares to select their seats and assign them a random seat. To upgrade your seat last minute, go to the check-in counter of the airline and pay extra.
Q. What happens if you don’t select a seat in Alaska?
When you skip the seat selection process at the time of booking, and before the flight departure, the airline staff will assign you a free seat. The airline asks for no additional charges for the free seat assignment at airport check-in.
Q. Can you change seats in Alaska after booking?
Alaska Airlines allows passengers with seat selection to change seats on Alaska Airlines after booking. But, you must pay change fees and fare differences (if any) to confirm the changes.