Table of Contents
- 1 Qatar Airways Upgrade: Updates 2023
- 1.1 What are the available Upgrade options on Qatar Airways?
- 1.2 Benefits of Qatar Airways Business Class upgrade
- 1.3 Benefits of First Class Upgrade on Qatar Airways
- 1.4 How to Upgrade Seats on Qatar Airways?
- 1.5 Use Privilege club Qmiles (Avios)
- 1.6 How many miles does it take to upgrade on Qatar Airways?
- 1.7 How much does it cost to upgrade Qatar Airways?
- 1.8 Is it cheaper to get a Qatar upgrade at the airport or online?
Qatar Airways Upgrade: Updates 2023
Are you someone who dreams of getting a high-class upgrade on Qatar Airways? Sit back on the chair as you can easily upgrade by following simple tips. Qatar Airways offers passengers more flexibility from 2023. All passengers with confirmed tickets with valid email addresses can upgrade to the next fare class. Also, Qatar Airways offers upgrades even at the last minute before departure. if you want to know more details about Qatar airways upgrade to business class. Have a look at the read below.
What are the available Upgrade options on Qatar Airways?
Qatar Airways offers 2 options when it comes to fare class for upgrade. Passengers with confirmed flight bookings can upgrade to Qatar Airways Business Class or First Class.
Benefits of Qatar Airways Business Class upgrade
- Passengers with Business class fare can access luxurious airport lounges before take-off. However, ensure you arrive early for flight departure to get this benefit.
- Business class offers more generous baggage allowances as carry-on inflight.
- The airline offers tasty gourmet meals inflight to enhance your travel experience. So once you complete your journey, you are more likely to share the experience with friends.
- Priority check-in at security, boarding, and baggage handling will let you board smoothly. You don’t have to wait for your turn and stand in the line for hours.
- You’ll also have access to in-flight entertainment to keep you entertained throughout your journey.
- Lastly, earning miles or credits is the most awaited benefit when upgrading. So, a current upgrade can also help you earn an upgrade for the future.
Benefits of First Class Upgrade on Qatar Airways
- One will get more space on seats with a footrest. First-class passengers will have access to pre-flight lounges.
- It will ensure you get the zest of all the inflight services the airline will serve you with.
- Another plus with a first-class upgrade in Qatar is increased baggage allowances, priority security, and boarding.
- After you enter/board the flight and the flight departs, the airline will serve delicious gourmet meals.
- Upgraded passengers receive all business class benefits and enjoy increased comfort, premium dining, and in-flight entertainment.
How to Upgrade Seats on Qatar Airways?
Qatar Airways offers several upgrade options, including:
Check-in Online using the Qatar website
Upgrade online through the Qatar Airways website or mobile app. You can check the upgrade eligibility on your ticket 24 hours before your journey.
- Visit www.qatarairways.com, and the official website will appear on the screen.
- Request an upgrade through the “Manage Booking” section or at check-in.
- Fill in your flight booking details and help the system retrieve your flight bookings.
- Click the ‘Bid for upgrade option’ and fill the empty field with your upgrade preferences.
- Qatar Airways will share the notification to bid for an available upgrade on your flight.
Most tickets on Qatar Airways are eligible for an upgrade. However, Qatar does not allow bookings made on promotional fares to upgrade to higher fare class.
At airport check-in counter
To get an upgrade for flight bookings to/from Doha:
- Approach any Qatar Airways staff at the Qatar check-in counter at the airport. One can also find the ‘Upgrade on Departure’ counter in the Market Hall at Hamad International Airport.
- For onward journeys beyond Doha, speak to any Qatar Airways staff member at the airport.
- If your journey originates from Doha, look for the ‘Upgrade on Departure’ counter after check-in and immigration.
- You can also upgrade at the dedicated counter for ‘Upgrade on Departure’ in the Market Hall at Hamad International Airport (HIA).
Use Privilege club Qmiles (Avios)
Qatar Airways privilege club members can use Qmiles or Avios to earn an upgrade on existing flight bookings. Have a look at the steps below to get an instant upgrade with your Avios:
- Log in to your online account or mobile app to upgrade using miles.
- Click on the “My Trips” option on the website/mobile app to access your trip easily.
- Select the ‘More’ option and click on ‘Upgrade’ Option.
- Choose the type of upgrade from the available options on your flight bookings and proceed further.
- Redeem your Avios or Qcredits at the payment page to pay for the fare differences.
Request upgrade on call
- Contact the sales & reservations department of Qatar Airways. You can get the contact information from the Qatar website.
- After the call connects to an airline staff, ask him/her for available options for an upgrade.
- The Qatar executive will help you with your request and share all the details.
- Choose the fare class you want to upgrade to and make the payment. The amount will also include service charges as you are making changes with the airline staff.
- You will get the confirmation email on your registered email address.
How many miles does it take to upgrade on Qatar Airways?
Use the Avios upgrade calculator Qatar Airways to calculate the required miles for an available upgrade on your flight. Qatar Airways requires 50,000 to 75,000 Avios for economy passengers to revise to Business class. Business class passengers in Qatar will require around 100,000 to 150,000 Avios for a first-class upgrade.
The passengers can cover any shortage in the points for an upgrade with cash payments. For that, check the available options the airline accepts for payments.
How much does it cost to upgrade Qatar Airways?
The cost of upgrading to business class depends on various factors, including the route, destination, and travel time. The airline will charge around $400 and often reach $1000 for an upgrade to Qatar Airways Business Class. Most Qatar passengers bid for upgrades within 72 hours before the scheduled departure.
For first-class upgrades, expect the amount to range from $200 -$4,999 for one passenger. However, the amount also depends on when and how you request an upgrade in Qatar.
Is it cheaper to get a Qatar upgrade at the airport or online?
Upgrading at the airport costs more than upgrading online in advance. As one can bid for the upgrade price online, do not expect the same at the counter. Online revise from economy to business range from $400 to $ 1,000 and will go from $ 1,000 to $ 3,000 at the check-in counter.
The cheapest way to upgrade is using frequent flyer points or Qpoints. Also, maintaining the Privilege Club membership is a big plus for Qatar upgrades. Frequent flyer program members face fewer fluctuations in upgrade prices at the counter and online.