It’s not uncommon to experience last-minute flight delays nowadays. However, if you miss your JetBlue flight, your next step options are mostly up to you. While the airline is flexible in providing solutions, there are certain limitations. To make a smart choice, knowing JetBlue missed flight policy is necessary. Read the following guidelines to avoid any mistakes.
Table of Contents
- 1 JetBlue Missed Flight Policy : Terms & Conditions
- 1.1 What Happens If I Miss My Flight On JetBlue?
- 1.2 JetBlue No Show Policy
- 1.3 JetBlue Rebooking Policy : How to Rebook & Reschedule?
- 1.4 JetBlue Missed Flight Fee
- 1.5 How to Get a Refund from JetBlue Missed Flight?
- 1.6 Can I Request JetBlue Missed Flight Refunds via the Website?
- 1.6.1 Conclusion:
- 1.6.2 People Asked Questions:-
- 220.127.116.11 Q. What happens on missing a JetBlue flight?
- 18.104.22.168 Q. How to rebook a JetBlue cancelled flight?
- 22.214.171.124 Q. Is there a penalty fee for missing JetBlue flight?
- 126.96.36.199 Q. What happens if you miss a JetBlue connection?
- 188.8.131.52 Q. Do you get reimbursed for JetBlue missed flights?
- 184.108.40.206 Q. Can I get a refund for partially used JetBlue reservations?
- 220.127.116.11 Q. Does JetBlue let you rebook the flight?
JetBlue Missed Flight Policy : Terms & Conditions
JetBlue Airlines has created guidelines to simplify the process for passengers who have missed their flights. These regulations help both travelers and Airline authorities in the smooth and effective operation of air travel services. It is crucial to go through and understand these conditions carefully. Some Basic Terms & Conditions are given as below:
- Let JetBlue Airline know if you cannot make your flight to avoid any issues.
- If you are running behind schedule, JetBlue recommends that you check out the Same-Day Switch option before you miss your flight.
- The Same-Day Switch option enables you to switch your flight for another one on the same day for a flat fee of $75. You can learn more about Same-Day Switches.
- Previous itinerary facilities get reimbursed.
- If you’ve missed your flight reservation, the 2- hours JetBlue flight policy applies to you. You will be assigned Standby flights within two hours.
- You might need to make the payment for the JetBlue rebooking fee to reschedule your missed flight unless it was due to a medical emergency. In such a scenario, you’ll need to provide proof.
- The fees for missed flights vary based on your fare and late arrival reason.
- JetBlue will only compensate for missed flights cancelled or put in a forward schedule due to airline faults.
- Inform airline agents immediately if there is a JetBlue missed connection.
For a detailed understanding, read JetBlue’s missed flight policy and learn what steps you should take next.
What Happens If I Miss My Flight On JetBlue?
If something unexpected happens and you cannot inform JetBlue beforehand, you may miss your flight. This could be due to an emergency or a few-minute delay. Fortunately, JetBlue Airline has a standby policy in place for such situations. If you arrive at the airport within two hours of your flight’s departure, you may be able to get a standby flight on the same day.
Specific Rules Regarding JetBlue Missed & Standby Flights find below.
- The Airline does not guarantee standby flight availability depending on the amount of same-day scheduled flights.
- If no seats are available on the standby flight, the Airline cannot shift you to a new JetBlue flight.
- To reserve a seat on another flight, you must pay $75, $100 or $150, which may vary depending on the fare type of your previous JetBlue reservation.
- To board Standby flights, all fares, except JetBlue Blue Extra, are entitled to pay a specific charge.
- If you have a JetBlue Mint fare, please note that you may not be guaranteed a Mint seat on a Standby flight.
- You will only be assigned a Mint seat if one is currently available.
The above standby rules also apply to JetBlue Missed Connecting Flights.
JetBlue No Show Policy
The no-show policy of JetBlue will apply if you don’t show up for your flight boarding time. This policy differs depending on whether you purchased a refundable or non-refundable ticket. Take a look at JetBlue No show policy rules in the context of:
- If you fail to cancel your refundable ticket in advance and do not show up for your flight, the ticket value will be added to your JetBlue Travel Bank Credit account, which you can use for future bookings.
- On cancelling a refundable ticket at least 1 hour prior to the flight’s departure, you will get reimbursed in the original form of payment.
- If you prefer to have the no-show ticket refunded in the original form of payment, a charge of $50 must be paid and then you will receive a debit memo.
- You cannot use credit points for future reservations once you receive the debit memo.
- Refunded missed flights will remain eligible for a discount on the next flight for one year from the booking date.
- If you have missed a Mint Refundable ticket, its status will get updated on your Mint account and you must contact JetBlue to have the status changed in order to reuse the ticket.
- All JetBlue refundable missed flight tickets that are booked with travel agents are eligible for refunds.
- If you cancel your flight beforehand and miss your flight, you will be eligible to receive a complete reimbursement for the original form of payment.
- If you contact the airline in advance, you may be eligible for a JetBlue missed flight refund in the form of JetBlue travel credit, or monetary value.
- Travelers booked through ARC(Airline Reporting Corporation) can opt for refunds in the MCO(Miscellaneous Charge order) minus form, but JetBlue cancellation fees may apply to such refunds.
- Cancellation fees apply to each PNR separately per passenger.
If you booked through a different travel agency, don’t hesitate to get in touch with them for the cancellation policy of both refundable and non-refundable tickets.
JetBlue Rebooking Policy : How to Rebook & Reschedule?
If you consider rebooking your flight as your next step after JetBlue missed flight, then keep in mind the following terms and conditions of JetBlue Rebooking Policy.
- If your flight is cancelled by JetBlue for any reason, you may rebook your itinerary without any increment in airfare chargers
- If you are solely responsible for your missed flight, you must pay the cancellation charges and rebook a new itinerary.
- You may check for different airport options to rebook your flight online.
- If you need to rebook a flight you previously missed, you must cancel your original ticket first. The cause of missing your previous flight will impact your ability to rebook.
- You can rebook if you missed your flight due to legal or medical reasons.
- Depending on your itinerary, you will need to pay a fee to rebook JetBlue reservations, which can range from USD 75 to USD 100.
- Contact JetBlue for detailed assistance regarding your booking.
Procedure to Rebook Your Missed Flight JetBlue
You can rebook your flight with the following easy steps:
Via Official Website:
- Visit jetblue.com
- Select ‘Manage Trips’
- Cancel your existing itinerary.
- Go to the main page of the website.
- Search for your required flight by entering the required details
- Choose one option that suits you.
- Book the tickets by making the final payment.
By Offline Method
- You may contact JetBlue via text or phone call
- To get the details, browse JetBlue official website.
- Get on the ‘Contact Us page.
- Select the appropriate option that you wish to opt for.
- Click on ‘Chat with us’ to text JetBlue Airways.
- Call on the general toll-free number 1-800-538-2583.
- Or, click on ‘Reach us by phone’ to get contact details of JetBlue as per your location.
- After dialing the number, follow the IVR instructions.
- Tap on the appropriate numbers on the keypad to get the necessary assistance from JetBlue.
- Once the call connects, ask the customer service team representative to book a new itinerary for you.
- Select the flight options available and finalize your bookings with the suitable mode of payment.
- You will receive the confirmation mail regarding your fresh bookings.
JetBlue Missed Flight Fee
Generally, there are no penalties charged by JetBlue Airlines when passengers miss their flight. But when you cancel your itinerary, you will be entitled to pay the penalty fees depending on the fare type. Consider the following rules:
- You can stand by without any fee for the next available flight if your fare type allows it. An example, Business class fliers are free from any JetBlue Missed flight policy payments.
- The Same day no-show option is available for a fee of $75 – $150 range for those passengers whose fare isn’t flexible for JetBlue missed flights.
- If you seek a refund and are unwilling to rebook, you will be refunded after deducting the penalty amount that applies to your JetBlue Air ticket.
How to Get a Refund from JetBlue Missed Flight?
Contacting airlines is the only way to get a refund. Requesting a refund as soon as you cancel your itinerary can increase your chances of getting your spent back and save the dent in your pocket.
You may put a request by following the instructions below:
- If you are at the airport after you miss your flight, get in touch with the help desk counter of the airline.
- Left the airport? No worries, dial 1-800-538-2583 (JetBlue Customer service number)
- Follow the IVR and connect with the team representative of JetBlue.
- Let him/her know that you want to claim a refund and provide them with the necessary details.
- Wait for some time as your request gets processed.
- You will then receive approval for the refund.
- You will be reimbursed either in your JetBlue travel account or in your bank statement.
Can I Request JetBlue Missed Flight Refunds via the Website?
Requesting for missed flight reimbursement is really convenient and time-saving. opt website option to request a refund by doing the following:
- Visit the official website of JetBlue.
- Get on the ‘Manage Trips’ page.
- Login to your TrueBlue account or search for your flight by entering the required details.
- Select the itinerary you wish to have refunded.
- Make sure the flight is cancelled.
- Complete the refund request after cancelling the flight.
- Wait for the request approval & your amount will be refunded within 7-20 days depending on your mode of payment used to purchase the itinerary.
End all your worries as the airline has flexible JetBlue Missed Flight Policy rules. Ensure to get all the details of your fare type while booking your itinerary to avoid any purchase loss.
People Asked Questions:-
Q. What happens on missing a JetBlue flight?
If you miss your flight with JetBlue, you may request a standby reservation from the airline. However, you can only do so if you arrive at the airport within two hours of your flight’s scheduled departure time. Please note that standby flights depend on seat availability. Also, your itinerary type is to decide whether or not you will be charged an extra fee.
Q. How to rebook a JetBlue cancelled flight?
To rebook your flight, either you need to visit the carrier’s website and select the “Book” option for the online method or call the customer service agents to request a rebooking. Both of these methods are available 24/7.
Q. Is there a penalty fee for missing JetBlue flight?
No penalty fee for missing a JetBlue flight in most cases. However, you are entitled to pay the charges applicable to your fare type to receive a JetBlue booking on another flight or same-day standby.
Q. What happens if you miss a JetBlue connection?
As per JetBlue Missed Connection Policy, if you miss your JetBlue connecting flight, call within two hours to request a new flight or a fare refund. Note that missed connections on separate tickets are not JetBlue’s responsibility.
Q. Do you get reimbursed for JetBlue missed flights?
Yes! Only refundable fares and valid emergency (with proof) are eligible for a JetBlue Missed flight refund after the deduction of Cancellation fees of the JetBlue Missed flight itinerary.
Q. Can I get a refund for partially used JetBlue reservations?
If you cancel part of your refundable trip or JetBlue fails to operate a portion of your scheduled travel, you’ll receive a refund equal to the one-way fare for the cancelled portion.
What number do I call if I miss my JetBlue flight? Contact JetBlue’s Travel Agency Desk, dial 1-888-JETBLUE (1-888-538-2583), & select option 3 to know possible options for JetBlue missed flight.
Q. Does JetBlue let you rebook the flight?
If JetBlue cancels your flight, you can reschedule your travel without additional charges or fare increases. You can do this through the Manage Trips section of jetblue.com or by contacting JetBlue’s customer service.