Air Canada is a flag bearer airline of Canada, meaning the flight is well established to stand out from all other airlines. Suppose you have booked flights with Air Canada and now encounter a sudden plan change. And, you are not willing to cancel the flight. Is there any other option? Yes, Air Canada rebooking is your solution. Passengers are not restricted from making necessary changes on Air Canada Airlines. If you want more details to make better decisions regarding your flights, stay on the page and continue to read further.
Table of Contents
- 1 What is Air Canada Rebooking?
- 1.1 Can I Rebook Air Canada Flights?
- 1.2 Terms & Conditions : Air Canada Reschedule Policy
- 1.3 How to Rebook an Air Canada Flight?
- 1.4 How Much is the Air Canada Rebooking Fee?
- 1.5 Air Canada Same Day Flight Change Policy
- 1.6 Can I Reschedule a Missed Flight on Air Canada?
- 1.6.1 How do you Rebook Air Canada Flights Purchased from a Travel Agency?
- 1.6.2 What is Air Canada’s 24 Hour Flight Change Policy?
- 1.6.3 Summary
- 1.6.4 Frequently Asked Questions(FAQ)
What is Air Canada Rebooking?
When Air Canada flight ticket holders encounter sudden changes in plans, they can easily change their flights. Or, in case you missed your flights due to cancellation or delay, you can rebook Air Canada and board another flight at a different time.
This facility allows Air Canada passengers to stay relaxed with flight bookings and attend to priorities first. So, make sure to take advantage of all important things, as you are eligible most of the time for flight changes with Air Canada.
Can I Rebook Air Canada Flights?
Yes! Passengers can rebook flights booked directly with Air Canada using direct sources like the Air Canada website, mobile app, Customer service, or even by visiting the airport that operates Air Canada flights.
However, the airlines consider rebooking fees to make necessary changes. One must go through some rules before rebooking Air Canada flights. Refer to the guidelines attached to your flight bookings.
Terms & Conditions : Air Canada Reschedule Policy
So, before you take a stand on your decision to reschedule your flight bookings with Air Canada, take note of the following Air Canada rebooking Policy on changing flights:
- Only passengers with flight booking directly from the official Air Canada sources can request rebooking.
- Also, flights booked via third parties can only be modified or reebok by the agency that made your flight bookings.
- Rebooking made within 24 hours of the original reservation are free.
- Any rebooking after 24 hours would be subject to a cost for standard tickets and flexible rates.
- If the rebooked flight is more expensive, the fare difference also applies.
- Similarly to that, only Air Canada should run the flights.
- Rebooking is not possible once the flight has taken off.
- According to Air Canada’s rebooking Policy, cancellations brought on by the airline will result in free rebooking and full refunds and compensation.
- The airlines will make sure to rebook you on the earliest flight to your destination in case your flight is missed.
- However, if you missed your Air Canada flight due to your connection, the airline is not responsible to rebook you without any additional fees.
How to Rebook an Air Canada Flight?
You can rebook your flight bookings at your convenience. Also, the process might change slightly depending on the change time. Have a look at the different methods to rebook Air Canada flights:
Online Rebooking Tool Air Canada : Official Site
- Firstly, pay a visit to the official site of Air Canada.
- Sign in to your account to view your bookings or
- Navigate to the ‘My bookings’ section on the homepage.
- Enter Booking reference/Ticket number
- And then, the passenger’s last name.
- Click on the ‘Find’ tab below after filling the details.
- Locate your flight bookings and select the bookings that need to be rescheduled.
- Go to ‘More options’ or an option with a similar phrase.
- Select the ‘Flight change’ tab and change the flight date and time per your suitability.
- Make the required payment and get the confirmation mail with modifications.
- Your flight is now rebooked so that you can travel as you prefer.
Using Mobile app
- Browse ‘Air Canada Mobile app’ on your suitable search engine or
- ~Open the app store of your smartphone.
- ~ Search for the ‘Air Canada Mobile app.’
- Make sure that your internet is stable & initiate the installation of the app.
- Now, open the application and login into your account.
- You may skip to login and go to the ‘Manage Bookings’ section of the page.
- Use your credentials to track your flight bookings.
- Select the bookings that need changes, and go to other options.
- Choose ‘Change flights,’ and you will be navigated to change categories.
- Make the preferred changes to the date and timing of your flight destination.
- Submit the changes and make the final payment.
- Confirmation will be sent to your registered email id that the changes have been completed successfully.
Offline Method : by Phone Calls
- Visit the ‘Air Canada – Contact Us’ page using any web browser.
- Click on the ‘Country/Region’ tab and select your region. For example, you select ‘Russia.’
- Further, proceed by clicking on the ‘Go’ option.
- Now, you will get the contact details for Air Canada Customer Service for Russia.
- Tally the number on your dialer and click on call.
- You will hear the IVR greeting you and asking you to choose the appropriate option.
- You will get options like Press 1 to proceed with English, press 2 to proceed with Russian.
- Choose the options accordingly and contact a live representative of Air Canada Airlines.
- Once the call gets connected with the airline expert, share your concern to rebook your flights.
- Also, provide the mandatory details to help the representative track your flight bookings
- Once your flight reschedules, make the necessary payment.
Rebooking Air Canada at the Airport
- Visit the airport that operates Air Canada flights.
- Locate the helpdesk counter of Air Canada using the airport route map.
- You can either visit the help desk counter or the airport kiosk.
- Seek the assistance of a representative once you reach the helpdesk counter.
- Moreover, share your flight details and provide the helper with your preferred dates and timing.
- Check the available flights that relate to your preferred timings.
- Select a flight and ask the representative to rebook you on the same.
- Make the necessary payment that may include fare differences, change fees, and service charges.
- You will get your rebooked tickets on your registered Email.
How Much is the Air Canada Rebooking Fee?
- Basic fares are not permitted for any changes after 24 hours of reservation purchase.
- There are no charges to reschedule Air Canada flights within five days of scheduled departure timings.
- However, if you exceed this period and are very close to your flight’s departure, the rebooking fee may range from $25 to $50.
- CAD 150 and CAD 100 for Standard fares
- CAD 75 for Air Canada Flex and Premium Economy
- Flight rebooking charges also depend on your flight’s destination, route, cabin class, and timing of rebooking request.
Is rebooking free when you book through the Air Canada website?
The answer to this question depends on many factors. For example, rebook your flight within 24 hours of purchase through the website. And, you won’t have to pay any charges except the fare differences. Because, making changes on your own excludes service charges as you are not getting assistance from a live representative.
Best Tricks to Rebook without Paying any Rebooking Charges
Until now, you know that Air Canada charges certain fees to make changes to flight bookings. However, many of you want to avoid paying the change fee but are ok to settle the fare differences. So, what to do? Here are some tricks that help to rebook flights free of cost.
- Make the necessary changes free of cost within the day(24 hours) of your flight bookings, regardless of your fare type.
- Avoid getting yourself a basic fare that restricts you from making changes. You will be charged less, and many times; there are no charges at all for higher-fare classes.
- When you become a frequent flyer of Air Canada Airlines, you will get priority for almost all facilities provided by the airline, including flight rebooking at less or no cost.
- Loyalty program membership is given when one becomes a frequent flyer. You will benefit from no flight change cost once you become an Air Canada Aeroplan program member.
- Change flight within the change validity period of your flight bookings. You will be charged less than the expected cost.
- Opt for Air Canada online rebooking. Booking online without seeking assistance from Air Canada representatives will exclude the service charges.
- Make Changes at least five days before the scheduled departure of your original itinerary. It’s the last opportunity to make cost-free changes.
- Check for scheduled changes as Air Canada occasionally cancels or makes schedule changes, which will help you rebook flights by Air Canada, and any fees or fare discrepancies brought on by the schedule change may be waived.
Note: The above points are to avoid change fees. However, you must pay the fare differences in all scenarios.
How to check the next rebooked Air Canada Flight?
Check available flights to reschedule Air Canada by logging into your flight bookings on the official site. Follow the prompts to make flight changes, and you will get all the available flight options. From there, you can check the next rebooking of Air Canada flights.
Is it Possible to Rebook Air Canada with a voucher?
As per the latest updates of Air Canada Policy regarding flight changes, there is no specific information about using vouchers to rebook flights. Therefore, it’s best to contact a representative for accurate information.
Does Air Canada rebook cancelled flights?
If the airline is responsible for cancelling your Air Canada flights, you won’t be charged a single penny. Besides, you will be given two choices, either Air Canada rebook you on an alternative flight for free or get a complete refund of your flight reservations.
Moreover, suppose the flight is cancelled from your end. In that case, you can rebook your flight at the airport by logging into the Air Canada website or mobile app or by contacting the customer service phone number of Air Canada Airlines.
Air Canada Same Day Flight Change Policy
Air Canada will refrain from inquiring about the reasons for the same-day flight change. However, the company will charge you little compared to its rivals regarding the Air Canada Same Day flight change cost. For various pricing types, the airline charges varying flight change costs. However, if you choose to make the changes at the counter, then the amount may vary.
Can I Reschedule a Missed Flight on Air Canada?
When you get stuck in traffic, you have a high probability of missing your flight. So, you can opt for Air Canada reschedule missed flight option, where you can check in online into your flight bookings either using the mobile app or
How do you Rebook Air Canada Flights Purchased from a Travel Agency?
Initially, you might think that you can’t rebook your Air Canada flight purchased from a third party. But that’s not true. Rebook or change your flights by contacting the travel agent who booked your flight. You lose the ability to make changes using the official sources of Air Canada.
What is Air Canada’s 24 Hour Flight Change Policy?
The 24-hour flight change or cancellation policy of Air Canada is that all passengers, regardless of the fare type, can make changes to flight bookings within 24 hours of purchase. And the specialty of this Policy is you won’t be charged any change fees. So, if you are planning to rebook your flight bookings without paying change fees, rebook flights within 24 hours after purchase.
Hopefully, the information in this read is enough to answer all your questions regarding Air Canada flight rebooking. Yet, if you face any issues, contact the travel expert of Air Canada 1-860-370-4608 for an instant reply.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQ)
Q. What is the penalty for changing an Air Canada flight?
The Air Canada flight change fees may vary depending on your fare type, aircraft, change timings, route, destination, and even departure region. Therefore, contacting the Air Canada flight rebooking number is best to get accurate information.
Q. What would happen if Air Canada changed my flights?
Air Canada is responsible for rebooking passengers on an alternative flight without asking for additional charges. If you refuse to board the alternative flight, you are eligible for a complete refund.