Are you planning a family vacation or need to travel for business? For that, American airlines group travel will be the perfect solution. This facility’s main advantage is providing a safe air trip with several features along with your family & other groups. American airline is a major air carrier & also well renowned, largest in the world. Moreover, the airline operates 68,00 active flights per day at major & international routes to nearly 350 destinations. Although, the flagship first is referred to as first-class, where the passengers can enjoy different food items & beverages.
Table of Contents
- 1 What is American Airlines Group Travel?
- 2 How do I Book a Group Travel with American Airlines?
- 3 How to Book an AA Group through a Phone Call?
- 4 Book an American Airlines Group with a Travel agent.
- 5 Benefits of Booking an American Airlines Group Travel
- 6 What are AA Group & Meeting Travel terms & conditions?
- 7 Who can Take the advantages of AA Group Travel?
- 8 AA Group Travel Cancellation Policy
- 9 American Airlines Amenities Qualify for Special Rates
- 9.1 People Asked Questions:-
- 9.1.1 Q. What does group mean on an American Airlines ticket?
- 9.1.2 Q. Does AA give discounts for group travel?
- 9.1.3 Q. What is Group 2 on American Airlines?
- 9.1.4 Q. How far in advance should I book an AA group flight?
- 9.1.5 Q. What are group travel arrangements?
- 9.1.6 Q. How to Cancel a Group trip with an AA?
- 9.1 People Asked Questions:-
What is American Airlines Group Travel?
American Airlines is a great option for groups who want to travel together. Whether it’s for work or a family gathering, American Airlines Group Travel can help you arrange flights for more than 10 passengers at a time. Also, you will get special rates and a lot of benefits to make your travel experience easy and stress-free.
There are different ways to book your flights, and once you’re at the airport, the staff will make sure you experience a smooth check-in.
How do I Book a Group Travel with American Airlines?
The concept of the group travel American airlines is for those who wish to board a flight to fly for a family holiday or business trip. You should have a ten-member group to book a group flight.
Now, If you have finalized your group, the main thing is to know about the group flight booking process. The airline provides several easy methods to book a group trip & below are the steps to make an online group booking:
- Visit American Airlines official website or call the official group number at 1 (800) 433-7300.
- Now, look for the reservation tab & here choose the group travel option.
- However, you must follow the same process as mentioning all the necessary details.
- After that, provide all the details about the arrival & departure locations, date & time. You must also confirm whether it’ll be a round or a one-way trip.
- Now, move towards the other page & mention the number of passengers.
- Moreover, you can go through the list of flights & choose the one that fits your budget.
- On the other hand, move toward the payment option & select your payment method.
- At last, you’ll receive the flight booking confirmation at the registered mail address.
How to Book an AA Group through a Phone Call?
To book a group trip, call American Airlines at 800-433-1790. The number is available for passengers from the United States and Canada. Follow the instructions below to reach out to an agent on call:
- Dial the contact number of American Airlines 800-433-1790
- Follow the IVR instructions after the call starts.
- Choose the language you want to continue and proceed to the next step.
- Select ‘Talk to AA agent’ and wait until the call connects.
- You will hear greetings from the representative as they will ask to share your concerns.
- Place the group booking request on a call with the agent’s help and get the quote.
- Also, clear all your doubts related to group travel on American Airlines.
For Passengers outside the US or Canada
- When contacting AA from another region, use the contact form on www.aa.com.
- Go to the contact page of American Airlines and click on the ‘contact form’ option.
- Select the option of ‘Group or Meeting Travel’ under the ‘Topic’ section.
- Further, provide your contact and other relevant information and submit the form.
- The airline representatives will get in touch with you.
One can also contact AA at firstname.lastname@example.org to contact the American Airlines Group and Meeting reservations desk. The airline staff will reply when the quotation is ready for your group booking request.
Book an American Airlines Group with a Travel agent.
As the booking procedure for a group is quite a difficult task, many authorized agencies help you book and manage the reservations. All you need to do is find your nearest American Airlines travel agent and ask for available group reservation on AA. Check if the agency has experience dealing with American Airlines group reservations. Then, share your group travel requirements, including:
- Travel dates and time
- Full name, dates of birth, gender, and other relevant details of passengers
- Passengers below the age of 18 will be booked as children
- Passengers above 18 will be booked under the category of adults.
- Passengers 65+ will be booked as senior citizens.
This information will help ensure a hassle-free and organized booking process for your group travel on American Airlines.
Benefits of Booking an American Airlines Group Travel
- AA offers special prices and benefits for group travel of 10 or more people
- One can book the group trip up to 11 months in advance and enjoy flexible ticketing
- The airlines can hold space for passengers without names until closer to departure.
- One free name change per ticket is allowed up to 48 hours before departure
- Automatic seat assignments at commitment
- Zone fares are available for multiple locations to the same destination
- Refundable fares and flexible ticketing are offered for added convenience
- Air-only fares are nonrefundable, but one can use flight credits for future group reservations
- All zone fares in AA Group booking are booked as refundable.
What are AA Group & Meeting Travel terms & conditions?
American airlines offer the group travel facilities to all the passengers who want to book a flight for the group of 10 or more passengers. If a member of the group booking of 10 passengers withdraws their name, the booking will no longer be considered a group by AA. This is because American airlines require at least 10 passengers for a group booking.
Similar to the case above, passengers must know all the rules that apply to your AA group travel bookings. Have a look at the information below:
- Groups must have more than 10 people.
- Business travellers get discounted tickets.
- Free name changes up to 48 hours before departure.
- Automatic seat assignments are made at commitment.
- Itinerary deviations are allowed within a six-day window.
- Air-only fares are non-refundable, but flight credits may be used for future group reservations.
- Seating requests may require extra help from American Airlines Group Reservations.
- The full fare balance must be received by American Airlines 30 days prior to the first trip.
- Either party (the airline or passengers mentoring the group) can cancel the flight booking agreement with 30 days written notice.
- Reservations booked as part of a group booking do not qualify for the 24-hour refund policy.
Who can Take the advantages of AA Group Travel?
If you wish to board a group flight with an American airline, then certain parameters confirm your eligibility to enjoy a group trip:
- If you are boarding an economy or mixed cabin, your group should consist of ten or more people.
- However, if you are boarding a premium economy, there should be around seven or more in the group.
- The passengers need to fly towards a common destination via a common flight.
- You can carry a minor in your group, but on a non-stop flight; however, there should be at least an adult with 20 minors.
- Although, if you have a connecting flight, then one adult and only 15 children are allowed.
- Besides, you can book a group flight at least 30 days before the scheduled departure.
- You also need to fill out an American airlines group travel form, providing all the relevant information about the group booking.
AA Group Travel Cancellation Policy
Once the Group booking is confirmed, American Airlines provides enough flexibility to change or cancel flight bookings. However, below are some important terms and conditions of the AA group travel cancellation policy to remember:
- The fare becomes nonrefundable once you book a group travel ticket with American Airlines.
- The airline will cancel the entire group booking if the number of group members exceeds the minimum requirement before departure. Also, the airline will charge a cancellation penalty per passenger depending on the timing of the cancellation.
- To avoid cancellation, pay the full booking amount before the deadline mentioned in the confirmation email.
- If a group cancels an entire booking with American Airlines 90 days before departure, the airline will charge a holding fee. This fee will be minus the combined deposit amounts of the three group members who have paid the lowest deposits.
- On partial cancellation before 90 days of the travel date, American Airlines will deduct a holding fee from the refund amount.
- American Airlines will retain the entire deposit amount if more than 10% of the group members cancel their tickets 30 days before the trip. However, if applicable, American Airlines will refund any additional un ticketed paid fare amounts.
- If the group cancels their bookings less than 29 days before their travel date, American Airlines will charge them the full ticket price and any fees they usually charge. Moreover, if the deposit amount paid by the group is less than what they owe, American Airlines will send them a bill for the remaining amount.
American Airlines Amenities Qualify for Special Rates
American Airlines has great deals on travel for groups of 10 or more, including discounted fares and amenities. American Airlines’ special rate will help you reach your destination within the budget and high-class experience. However, these special rates are available on limited amenities/features, some of which are listed below:
- You can fly from any airport and book any cabin class, including premium cabins.
- Passengers can travel to any destination that American Airlines or Oneworld flies to. The airline extended its discounts on a few partner airlines for Group Travel.
- Book your travel up to 11 months in advance and have the flexibility to change the names on your tickets for free. For second-time changes, the airline will charge a minimal fee.
- American Airlines offers snacks and other meals at special rates on the flight. However, passengers must pay for any additional beverages not included in the itinerary.
So, you can consider AA group & meeting Special rates for a memorable journey.
People Asked Questions:-
Q. What does group mean on an American Airlines ticket?
There are about 9 groups on the American airline, where the 1st group is primarily reserve for the premium & elite group till group 9.
Q. Does AA give discounts for group travel?
Yes the airline provides the special fares if you travel with a group of 10 or more. However, you can also read the American airlines group travel policy for more information.
Q. What is Group 2 on American Airlines?
If you wish to board group 2 on the airline, you must be a Platinum pro AAdvantage member, Oneworld Emerald member & business class traveller.
Q. How far in advance should I book an AA group flight?
The best time to book a group flight is between 115 to 21 days of scheduled departure. However, for more convenience, you can purchase within 202-116 days in advance.
Q. What are group travel arrangements?
Once you fill out an American airlines group travel request form then your accommodations, transportation & deals.
Q. How to Cancel a Group trip with an AA?
Suppose you need to make a group trip with American Airlines. In that case, you can connect on the official number or read the American airlines group travel cancellation policy. Here, you can review all the parameters to assist with flight cancellation.