If some unforeseen circumstances cause you to change your travel plan at instant. American Airlines allows you to rebook your new flight at the next available flight at zero cost. There could be various reasons for the rebooking such as a delay in the flight, flight missing, or denial of onboarding on the flight. But, don’t worry! You can rebook AA tickets on the alternate flight for free or by paying some nominal charges. Check out the complete the text below that discuss everything about American Airlines rebooking policy process & FAQs for rebooking flight tickets. You will also get to know how much it costs and the features of the 15-minute flight changing policy.
Table of Contents
- 0.1 How to Rebook/Reschedule American Airlines?
- 1 American Airlines Rebooking Policy
- 1.0.1 How much does it cost to rebook a flight American Airlines?
- 1.0.2 American Airlines 15-minute Rebooking Policy
- 1.0.3 Conclusion
- 1.0.4 American Airlines Rebooking(FAQs)
How to Rebook/Reschedule American Airlines?
If your flight is canceled or a delay causes you to miss your connection. Do you want to reschedule your flight with American Airlines? Although it may seem a bit difficult, the airline has an easy rebooking process. It enables you to rebook your ticket in less than a minute with the help of various rebooking methods available online and offline. Below is the complete description of how to rebook flights at American Airlines by official site, and mobile app. Airport check-in & by customer service phone number.
Rebook/Reschedule through AA Mobile App
- Open the American Airlines app on your device.
- Log in to your airline account.
- Choose Trip Changes and select a new flight per the new travel plan.
- Review your reschedule and pay the fee if applicable.
- Congratulations! You have successfully rescheduled your flight.
Rebook/Reschedule Via Official Website
Are you looking for rescheduling options at American Airlines? The rebooking process through American Airlines official site is quite easy and fast. Follow simple steps to reschedule your flight through mobile app.
- Visit American Airlines’ official site.
- Here, you will see the booking window with other options.
- Click on the ‘ Manage Trip’ tab in the booking window.
- As soon as you land on the login page
- Fill the blocks with your last name & confirmation code.
- It will show your existing booking with the option to change.
- Click on ‘Change Flight’.
- Select the flights for your new travel.
- Pay the rebooking fee if it applies to you.
At the Airport, you can rebook either through KIOSK or through the customer service agents. The fast and easy KIOSK system can help you reschedule your flight in a few minutes. Therefore, go with the below steps for KIOSK.
- Visit a KIOSK at the Airport.
- Find your existing trip by scanning the boarding pass.
- However, you can use the confirmation code also to see your trip on the KIOSK display.
- Click on the ‘Switch Flight’ option on the screen.
- Select the new flights for your itinerary.
- Make the necessary payment.
Reschedule by Phone Number
Calling is the quickest & easiest way to rebook a flight. American Airlines Rebooking Phone Number is now available between 7 AM to 10:30 PM for all days. Go through the easy steps to rebook on the phone.
- Connect on American Airlines toll-free phone number at +1-800-433-7300 or 1(860)370-4608.
- Follow the IVR instructions carefully and get on call with the representative.
- Submit a rebooking request as soon as you get in line with the representative.
- Provide them with your current booking details and work on a new booking with the booking assistant.
- Complete the payment and that’s it.
American Airlines Rebooking Policy
If you are lacking with rebooking guidelines then the text in the below lines can certainly help you. The below lines can assist you in understanding the American Airlines rebooking policy and applying it effectively.
- There could be moments when you end up missing your flight because of a flight delay or overbooking. In such moments, the airline offers you the next available flight with confirmed seats.
- In another scenario, if the airline cancels your flight it will rebook you for the next flight free of cost. The reason for cancellation could be technical problems, staff unavailability, etc.
- Meanwhile, if you choose not to rebook any other flight or the flight is not available, you can ask for a refund. The airline will refund you the remaining ticket value.
- However, If you have enough time to think then reschedule it on the same day but within 24 hours of departure of your scheduled flight. You must note that the same-day change can happen only between the same departure and arrival.
- You can reschedule your flight to an earlier AA flight by adding yourself to the same-day standby. However, the seat offering depends on the seat availability on the same route on your day of departure.
- In case of unavailability of a seat on the stand-by flight, the original flight seat will remain intact until your seat is confirmed on the switched flight or stand-by flight.
How much does it cost to rebook a flight American Airlines?
American Airlines rebooking fees vary depending on your route and class. It will cost you nothing if you have a refundable ticket. Otherwise, the fee can go high up to $750 in the case of a non-refundable ticket.
American Airlines 15-minute Rebooking Policy
Are you just about to reach the airport but worried about getting a little bit late? Don’t worry, American Airlines allows you to rebook on the next available flight if you reach within 15 minutes. So, check out the highlights of the 15-minute rebooking policy at American Airlines.
- You must reach the airport within 15 minutes after the departure of your original flight or missed flight.
- Subsequently, if you fail to reach within this specified time you will be put on the stand-by list.
- The airline will offer you a seat at no additional cost. However, the seat must remain available for rebooking.
In conclusion, American Airlines provides easy online and offline methods to rebook your next flight. To reschedule or book an appointment or reservations again with American Airlines. If you have questions or want to rebook flight tickets, then feel free to speak with the airline’s live agents at 800-433-7300 to get instant help.
American Airlines Rebooking(FAQs)
Q1. How much does it cost to rebook a flight at American?
Ans. Rebooking a flight costs zero for a refundable ticket. However, filers with non-refundable tickets may need to pay a significant amount. For most domestic flights, changes within 24 hours of booking incur a $75 fee. Beyond that, it rises to $100-$400 depending on the route and fare type.
Q2. Can I change my flight to American Airlines without a fee?
Ans. Yes, of course! You can change American Airlines flights without a fee but with refundable tickets. However, you can also take advantage of the 15-minute rebooking policy to save your money.