Looking for the answers, how can I select a seat on Southwest Airlines? Southwest Seat Selection offers the process that can help you get the best seats for a comfortable flight to your desired destination. The seat assignment process and the seat selection policy of Southwest can lead you to the secrets to getting the best seats.
Table of Contents
- 1 How do I Select a seats on Southwest Airlines?
- 2 Southwest Airlines Seat Selection Policy
- 3 How do I pick my seat on Southwest Airlines?
- 4 How to Get the Best Seat on Southwest?
- 5 How to Get the Best Seat on Southwest?
- 6 Southwest Airlines Seat Selection Options
- 6.1 Southwest Airlines Seat Selection Fees
- 6.2 Southwest Seat Selection FAQs-
- 6.2.1 Q. When can I pick my seat on Southwest Airlines?
- 6.2.2 Q. Can I pick seats on Southwest?
- 6.2.3 Q. How does the Southwest seat work?
- 6.2.4 Q.Is Group B good on Southwest?
- 6.2.5 Q. How early can you pick seats on Southwest?
- 6.2.6 Q. Why doesn’t Southwest let you pick your seat?
- 6.2.7 Q. Does it cost to pick seats on Southwest?
- 6.2.8 Q. What is the best boarding position on Southwest Airlines?
- 6.2.9 Q. What is the best seat on the Southwest 737 700?
- 6.2.10 Q. Why does Southwest use open seating?
- 6.2.11 Q. Do I have to buy an extra seat on Southwest?
- 6.2.12 Q.Is Southwest seating free for all?
- 6.2.13 Q. Does Southwest fill every seat?
- 6.2.14 Q. What is the best seat on Southwest for larger passengers?
- 6.2.15 Q.Is it hard to get 2 seats together on Southwest?
How do I Select a seats on Southwest Airlines?
Are you here to know the Southwest Airlines Seat Selection procedures to get the best seats for your flight? If this is what you want, then you should look at the easy methods mentioned below:
- Go to Southwest Airlines’ official website.
- Log into your account.
- Next, you need to book the Southwest ticket.
- Afterward, you have to go to the “Seat Selection” tab.
- Here, you need to look at the Southwest Seat Map.
- Choose the Preferred Seat based on availability and choice.
- Complete the process by paying for the ticket.
Southwest Airlines Seat Selection Policy
Southwest seat assignment is the most unique procedure that offers ways to get the preferred seat in no time and without getting into any trouble. The policy also includes a big role in completing the seat selection procedure. To get a brief info about Southwest Airlines Seat Selection Policy, below are the points that you need to know:
- Southwest offers an open seating policy which means you will not get seats in advance; instead, you will get the seats assigned as per the boarding group A, B, and C and also by boarding position from 1 to 60.
- Also, the position and the boarding group will provide details once you board the plane and the seats you can choose from.
- In the past, Southwest Airlines offered free seat selection to its passengers. But now they have some rules for seat selection.
- Southwest came with a placard with three types, in which passengers need to line up before the flight departure and get the seat based on their type or letter.
- Southwest Airlines also came up with the boarding positions to offer the seats. This happened back in the mid-2000s.
- If passengers want to get the best seats on the exit row aisle or window or at the bulkhead, they have to go for early boarding.
How do I pick my seat on Southwest Airlines?
You can purchase an additional Southwest seat and request a refund for the seat selection after travel by emailing Southwest Airlines at Southwest.com/feedback or by Calling 1-800-I-FLY-SWA (1-800-435-9792) or ++1-860-370-4608.
Apart from Southwest’s official website, using the toll-free number can help you to pick your preferred seat on Southwest Airlines. You only need to dial the Southwest contact number and follow the IVR commands to connect with its customer service. After that, share your seat preference and request the booking.
How to Get the Best Seat on Southwest?
If you are willing to find out the answer to What is the best seat on Southwest? Then below is the needed information that can help you in the best possible way-
If you are hoping for an Empty Middle Seat
For the group with three people who want to sit together, you must go with the exit row. Well, Southwest Airlines have three-and-three seat arrangements, so getting seats on the exit row will ensure that no one will sit next to you.
Also, you can choose the window seat on a Southwest flight for complete privacy. If you are among the passengers who want to sit close to the restroom, then in Southwest Boeing 737-800 aircraft, you should go with the back seats to get easy access to the back restroom.
As most of the passengers sit in the front of the plane, you can have the restroom easily in the back of the plane.
If you are in the Southwest’s Boeing 737-700s, you should go for Seat 12A. To clarify, Row 11 is an “Edit” row, meaning Row 11A is missing, so you should take Seat 12A because it has two seats, and you can stretch your legs to have a comfortable journey.
Also, in the Southwest’s newer -800 and MAX8, you should go with the seats of rows 14 and 15.
Want to Get off the plane instantly?
If you are among the passengers who want to get off the plane quickly, then you need to choose Row 1.
If you are Thirsty
For the passengers who want early access to the drink and snack service, choose Row 1, 9, or 17.
If you want only One Passenger to sit next to you
You need to choose Row 11, Seats B and C On Southwest’s Boeing 737-700s.
Ok, with the Non-Reclining Seats?
If you are among the passengers with no issue with the non-reclining seats, you can choose the last row or the row in front of the exit row.
How to Get the Best Seat on Southwest?
Are you looking for the best Southwest seat or the earliest boarding position? Then there are the tactics that you should follow:
- You should check in 24 hours before the scheduled flight departure.
- If you have A-List elite status, you can also get the best seat.
- You can purchase Early Bird check-in or have a Business Select Ticket or Upgrade boarding for access to Southwest’s best seat.
- Also, if you book the first Southwest flight of the day.
Southwest Airlines Seat Selection Options
If you want to book Southwest Airlines tickets, you must know about Southwest Airlines Seat Selection Options. Well, below are the details that you need to keep in mind:
Southwest Anytime Seats
Southwest Anytime Seat Selection can help you gain 10 Rapid rewards per Dollar you spend. Also, you can make a seat change anytime you want without paying any extra penny.
Southwest Wanna Get Away
If you want some comfort and luxury within your budget, you can choose Southwest Airlines Wanna Get Away seats. You can find legroom, food, entertainment services, and beverages.
Southwest Business Select
Business Select of Southwest Airlines is the best seat to help you get the most luxurious and comfortable experience during your flight. You will find legroom, food, entertainment, massage, and beverages.
Southwest Airlines Seat Selection Fees
Are you looking to know about Southwest Airlines Seat Selection Fees? If yes, then below are the points that will explain you everything in the best possible way:
- According to the Southwest Seat Selection Policy, you need to pay USD 30 to USD 40 for the seat selection.
- Southwest Airlines Seat Assignment fees also change as per the destination and travel class.
- You can find the exact number for your seat selection fee by calling Southwest Customer Service at 1-800-I-FLY-SWA (1-800-435-9792)
Southwest Seat Selection FAQs-
Q. When can I pick my seat on Southwest Airlines?
As soon as you board your Southwest flight, you can pick your desired seat.
Q. Can I pick seats on Southwest?
Yes, Southwest Airlines offers an open seating policy to its valuable passengers.
Q. How does the Southwest seat work?
Southwest Airlines offer an open seating style, meaning no seats are assigned to any passengers. First Come, First Serve.
Q.Is Group B good on Southwest?
With Group B on Southwest, you will have a good chance to get the aisle or window seat. Along with that, you also have an opportunity to sit together with your companion.
Q. How early can you pick seats on Southwest?
You can pick seats on Southwest up to 36 hours prior to the scheduled flight departure.
Q. Why doesn’t Southwest let you pick your seat?
As per the Southwest Seat Selection Policy, passengers can get unassigned seats after boarding their plane.
Q. Does it cost to pick seats on Southwest?
You can pick seats on Southwest Airlines free of cost.
Q. What is the best boarding position on Southwest Airlines?
Bulkhead seats (first row) are the best boarding position on Southwest Airlines.
Q. What is the best seat on the Southwest 737 700?
Southwest 737 700 chooses 1, 9, or 17 rows for the best seats.
Q. Why does Southwest use open seating?
Southwest uses open seating to get more passengers quickly on their flights and compete with their rivals.
Q. Do I have to buy an extra seat on Southwest?
You can buy an extra seat on Southwest Airlines by choosing the option and also by contacting the Southwest Customer Service Agent at the departure gate.
Q.Is Southwest seating free for all?
Passengers can feel free to sit on any seats available without paying any extra cost.
Q. Does Southwest fill every seat?
Southwest Airlines is the prime U.S. airline company with an open-seat selection policy.
Q. What is the best seat on Southwest for larger passengers?
Choose a seat in the first row (the bulkhead) of Southwest Airlines or the exit rows.
Q.Is it hard to get 2 seats together on Southwest?
With the different positions like A and B, you can have trouble finding 2 seats together on Southwest as if you may be in the middle seat and those seats are the last to get occupied.