Are you experiencing discomfort in your back or feeling stressed and unstable while traveling? You don’t have to worry if you’re traveling with Spirit Airlines. There is a solution! You can upgrade your booking to a higher class with comfortable seats and other amenities. Despite being an ultra-low-cost airline, Spirit Airlines offers an option for passengers to upgrade to upper-class seats. Although Spirit Airlines doesn’t have traditional classes, they offer limited big front seats with more leg space and amenities. If you want to pamper yourself and eliminate travel-related discomfort, read the article to learn about Spirit Airlines Seat Upgrade.
Table of Contents
- 1 Spirit Airlines Seat Upgrade Policy
- 1.1 Can I Get a Spirit Airlines Seat Upgrade?
- 1.2 Types of Best Seat with Price Available on Spirit Airlines
- 1.3 How to Get a Free Seat Upgrade on Spirit?
- 1.4 Can I Get a free Upgrade from Economy to First Class?
- 1.5 How much does it cost to upgrade a Spirit seat?
- 1.5.1 Does Spirit Airlines offer First-class Seat?
- 1.5.2 Wrapping Up !
- 1.5.3 Frequently Asked Questions:-
- 1.5.4 Read More Related Blog:-
Spirit Airlines Seat Upgrade Policy
Before upgrading your current Spirit Airlines reservations, review the important associated terms and conditions-
- First of all, seat upgrades on Spirit are based on availability. This means you may receive the upgrade if a seat is available.
- To upgrade their seat on Spirit Airlines, passengers must do so at least 24 hours prior to departure. You can easily do this by accessing the ‘My trip’ tab by clicking on the ‘Add or Modify’ option.
- Passengers can upgrade their flight seats by purchasing them during online check-in up to 24 hours before departure.
- Passengers can reserve any flight seat during online check-in up to 90 minutes before departure.
- Spirit Airlines’ mileage program members can choose or upgrade their seats during check-in without extra fees.
- Passengers can upgrade their seats by calling a representative.
- Moreover, if you desire to upgrade to the larger seats offered by Spirit Airlines, there is a charge of $35 per route. This charge applies to each way individually.
Once you have familiarized yourself with the rules and regulations set by Spirit for a seat upgrade, you can move further with the upgradation process.
Can I Get a Spirit Airlines Seat Upgrade?
To upgrade your seat with Spirit Airlines, visit official website and select your preferred seat upgrade option. However, please note that availability of the airline’s preferred seats in the desired cabin class may affect your upgrade. The customer service team is available to help you if you need assistance.
Steps to Get a Seat Upgrade on Spirit Airlines
Once people have familiarized themselves with the rules for seat upgrades with Spirit Airlines, they often want to know how to upgrade their seats and what the process entails. Luckily, there are three different methods for boosting your flight ticket that we have outlined for you below.
- To upgrade your seat on Spirit Airlines, visit the website of Spirit Airlines and click on the ‘My Trip’ tab.
- Then, please provide the requested information, such as the PNR number and the last name of the passengers, to proceed.
- Once you’ve accessed the page with available flights, choose your desired flight and click the ‘Add or modify’ seat link to proceed.
- Complete the form by providing your information and indicating the selected replacement seats in exchange for your original seat.
- Once you have provided all the necessary information, continue to the payment page of the airline and follow the instructions displayed on the screen to complete your seat upgrade purchase.
- After you have completed your payment, you will receive a confirmation message sent to your registered email address.
- To upgrade Spirit Airlines seats, please dial 1 (855) 728-3555 or 1-860-370-4608 to reach customer service.
- Once connected, follow the IVR instructions.
- After that, choose your preferred language and request a seat upgrade.
- After completing the IVR process, you may experience a waiting period before an airline agent contacts you.
- Then, provide your flight details to the representative.
- After the process, the agent will inquire about your preferred payment method.
- Now, select the payment method to pay the requested amount.
- At last, you will receive a confirmation in your email.
At the time of Check-in:-
If you’re flying with Spirit Airlines and want to upgrade your seat, you can do so during online check-in. You can follow the steps given below to upgrade your seat dunning check-in.
- Firstly, visit the official website and click on the “check-in” tab at the top of the homepage.
- Secondly, proceed with check-in and enter the passenger’s last name and PNR number on the check-in page.
- Next, select your preferred seat from the seat map.
- Then, follow the instructions on the payment page to pay for the seat upgrade charges.
- After the process is finished, you will get your boarding pass via email.
Once you have aware with the rules and regulations set by Spirit for a seat upgrade, you can move further with the upgradation process.
Types of Best Seat with Price Available on Spirit Airlines
Unlike other air carriers, Spirit Airlines provides more comfortable travel seats. You can choose from the multiple best seats for your destination according to your needs and preferences. However, you must be aware of their seat types and their related costs to enhance your journey and save money. You can use the Spirit Airlines seating chart to choose the most comfortable seats. You can consider the following factors for the different types of seats.
Big front seats:
If you are looking for wider seats that contain extra legroom, then big front seats can be the best for you. You can get these types of seats for maximum comfort at the time of reservation and upgrade to them before the scheduled departure.
Although, you can bid for the big front seats and sign up for the upgrade.
Seat cost: the prices for the big front seats vary between $12 to $250 according to the destination. In many busy routes, the prices can be $200 for the seats of your journey.
Exit row seats:
Exit-row seats have ample space for your legs, just like the big front seats. But you can only choose the exit row seats for the emergency situation so that you can deboard the plan first. Passengers must be more than 18 years of age and are medically fit to handle emergency situations.
Seat fare: Spirit Airlines charges between $25 and $35 for the exit rows; you can pay during flight check-in.
You can acquire the utmost comfort without shelling out much on the journey. The upfront seats are always the cheapest and are situated in the economy class of the plane. You don’t need to bid for the same at the time of upgrade as these seats are easily available.
Seat charges: The flight prices are low, between $1 to $5, depending on the number of
passengers, season, and the flight destination.
How to Get a Free Seat Upgrade on Spirit?
If you are a frequent passenger of Spirit Airlines, you will get the rewards for your achievements. You can get the free seat upgrade to the exit rows or to the big front seats using the below points.
- You apply for the upgrade within 24 hours of the purchase of your itinerary.
- You have gained gold and silver in the spirit program, which is the two upgraded levels.
- Passengers under the Free Spirit program have the advantage of obtaining a free upgrade to the preferred location and seat.
- If the exit row seats are still available up to three hours prior to departure, then free Spirit members are entitled to the upgrade without any charge.
Can I Get a free Upgrade from Economy to First Class?
With the latest technology, Spirit Airlines has a bidding system to upgrade the flight seats for your destination. With the help of bidding, you can lower the prices and get the best fare from economy to first class.
Earn elite status:
You must join the Spirit Airlines loyalty program and earn the status. They always value the loyalty members and give the free seat upgrade to the economy class according to the tier level and available miles.
Use the Spirit Airlines credit card:
They provide a credit card that you can use to upgrade to the first class. The prices will be down, and you can easily enjoy the discounts. With this, you can access the free checked luggage, lounges, priority seating food, etc.
Get the last-minute upgrade.
Passengers don’t prefer to buy flight seats for first class. Due to this, Airlines must decrease the prices or sell the same for free. You can take advantage of the same and upgrade the flight at the last minute.
How much does it cost to upgrade a Spirit seat?
If you’re looking to upgrade your seat with Spirit Airlines. The cost will depend on your flight class, whether you travel domestically or internationally. If you request the upgrade at least 24 hours before your scheduled departure, the Spirit Airlines seat upgrade cost will be between $12 and $250. However, if you upgrade at check-in or on board, the cost will be between $25 and $175.
Does Spirit Airlines offer First-class Seat?
No, Spirit Airlines does not offer first-class seats. The Big Front Seat of Spirit Airlines will you the experience of first class. Still, it comes with different perks of first-class cabins, such as free meals and drinks, free checked baggage, and early boarding. It’s just a larger seat at the front of the aircraft, but it doesn’t recline, as all seats of Spirit are “pre-reclined.”
Wrapping Up !
However, if you find any queries before or after the seat upgrade, you can call Spirit Airlines phone number at 844-989-7283 / 1-860-370-4608 and talk to the travel agents. They will help you get the best first-class travel seats hassle free.
Frequently Asked Questions:-
What is the best seat on Spirit Airlines?
The Big Front seats are the best seats on Spirit Airlines. These seats are located in the front and are the most expensive.
What is the first class in Spirit?
If you opt for “Spirit first class” or the Big Front Seat in Spirit aircraft. Then you’ll get a little extra legroom compared to regular seats. However, the extra space is only one inch more than what you get in the cheaper exit-row seats.
Do you get free drinks on first-class Spirit?
Spirit flights do not offer complimentary beverages or snacks in order to maintain low prices for all passengers.
Is Spirit Airlines fat-friendly?
No, if the passenger cannot accommodate a single seat, he has to purchase a second seat. It is better to book a giant seat if a passenger requires more space.
How much does big front seat on Spirit cost?
The big front seat is more expensive than the other seats. It comes with a lot of perks and may cost up to $261.
Read More Related Blog:-